Wednesday, May 28, 2014

HOME AWAY FROM HOME AWAY FROM HOME


When Amber came for Darrell's birthday dinner the other night, she brought just about all the backpacking equipment we had ordered and sent to her place.  I filled my pack with 2 gallons of water and the tent.  Came to about 27 lbs.  Just about the right weight, but distribution is important, so hopefully my actual "stuff" will be better distributed. I took a walk down the steps and back up, and have decided I can do this!
Darrell knew he could do it, I just needed a little more confidence building. We chose Osprey packs, they get very good reviews, and are well designed and light weight.

This is the Big Agnes Jackrabbit 3 person tent.(in our case, 2 persons and a dog).   It was super easy to set up, and has lots of screen for good ventilation.  Big Agnes seems to be one of the most popular tents we found on the sites that we researched.  One being outdoorgearlab.com
Luna enjoyed being inside it, too!

No comments: